Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf

This recipe was given to me by a friend and it is quickly becoming a favorite in our house, as we love spicy foods.  (I hope Charlotte learns to like spicy foods too.)



Buffalo Chicken Meatloaf



Ingredients:

2/3 cup old fashioned oats (not instant)
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup hot sauce/buffalo sauce (I use 1/2 cup because I like the extra zing)
1 lb ground chicken
1 egg
1/2 cup blue cheese




Combine oats, milk, and sauce in bowl and let sit for a few minutes until oats are softened.
Add egg and mix in chicken.
Pour into a loaf pan and bake at 350 for 45 minutes.  Top with additional hot sauce (if desired) and let sit for 10 minutes (to avoid crumbling).

I don't care for blue cheese so I put half the mix into the pan then add blue cheese to the remainder and add it to the pan.  I also do not own a loaf pan so I use the smallest "brownie pan" that I own.  I like it better this way because it cooks faster.


No comments:

Post a Comment