Thursday, March 7, 2013

Pregnancy update

Wow!  It has been almost a month since I have posted anything.  Over the past few weeks I have been struggling with the decision to stick with my regular Ob/Gyn, or see a midwife.  I knew one thing for sure, I did not want to give birth at the same hospital I previously did, but I hated to leave my regular doctor.  After doing tons of research and talking to tons of moms, I decided to make the switch.  I had an ultrasound and check up with the OB today and I told him I was going to see a midwife for the remainder of my care.  The wonderful doctor that he is, supported my decision.

I was nervous going into the ultrasound today because I have been having crazy pregnancy dreams that I was actually pregnant with a boy.  While doing the anatomy scan the tech made all the necessary measurements and said she is growing as she should and everything looks good.  She also checked for signs of and health complications or abnormalities and again, everything looks good.  Baby Charlotte looks as healthy as can be.  She also confirmed it is indeed a girl.  Which obviously the health is the most important thing, but I am so thrilled to be having a girl.

Here are some pictures from today's visit.







Also, I am exactly 20 weeks today.   Here is a comparison of what I look like today, and what I looked like at 20 weeks with DS.  



No comments:

Post a Comment