Monday, May 13, 2013

Owen update

I realized I have not posted any updates on Owen in a while! About a month ago I set up a bedroom for Owen.  It is Cars themed and has a huge McQueen decal by his bed, as well as the other characters around the room. He LOVES sleeping in there.  He calls it the McQueen room.  He brought some tracks into his room and plays trains before bed.  He now goes to bed at around 9-9:15 every night.

In addition I must say how smart he is becoming.  I mean let's face it, he always was smart, but I am amazed daily at the things he says and does.   Today he was playing trains and singing the alphabet song over and over.  When we go out in public I get complimented on how well behaved he is and how well he uses his manners.  And I must agree, he is very well mannered.  It makes me one proud momma!

For Mother's day we went to the pond and went fishing.  This involved fishing, chasing ducks, swinging, slides, the works.

He also loves to be "momma's big helper."  And loves to help do dishes and other chores.

He spends a great deal of time outside now that it is spring.  Splashing in the water is one of his favorite things to do.

With all the excitement of baby girl's arrival approaching Owen cannot help but want to do things for her.  This includes throwing things into the shopping cart and insisting we need to buy it for her.  He also likes to go in her room and look at her clothes.   My MiL asked him the other day where his sister was and he pulled up his shirt and pointed to his belly!  Pretty sure he is just as excited.  He is obsessed with babies and is going to make a great big brother.   And Charlotte is very fortunate to have such a smart big brother to help her learn and develop along the way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment