Sunday, August 4, 2013

Weekly update

Wow!  It has been a week already since Charlotte has made her arrival.  When we first introduced Owen to Charlotte I was expecting a little confusion.  We showed Owen baby Charlotte and he was very excited but a little nervous.  At first he didn't want to touch her.  I think he was worried about hurting her.  However, as the day went on Owen began to warm up to her and was curious as to what she was doing and would run to her every time she made a noise.



Owen welcomed every nurse that walked into the room with an excited hello.  Him and Martin briefly went home to grab some items I forgot to bring and to grab the car seat.  When we told Owen that he had to go home with Daddy for the night he became very upset and said he did not want to leave Mommy and Charlotte.  We asked the nurse if he could stay and they did not have a problem with it, so they stayed.  It was so wonderful having the whole family there.



 After 36 hours we were discharged and I was so happy to be heading home.  Since being home Martin has been spending much of his time with Owen.  I have felt left out because Owen only wanted to play with Martin, and wanted to eat with Martin, and was co-sleeping with him.  Then Friday night Owen asked if i could sleep with him and hold his hand.  Ah, he didn't forget about me, and he still does love his momma!  :)  Owen is very curious and shows his love for his baby sister.  He constantly gives her kisses and hugs.  He talks to her and likes to tell her stories.  I put her in the swing while I washed dishes and Owen pulled a chair over and watched her.

Charlotte is still doing excellent at nursing, and it did not take long for my milk to come in.  My body is still trying to figure out how to regulate the milk, so fo the mean time I have a bit excess.  I have been using the Milk Saver  to collect the let down while I am nursing Charlotte.  I get an average of half ounce to an ounce every feeding.  So glad I can save that milk rather than just soak it all up in a breast pad.  

At Charlotte's pediatrician appointment on the 31st, she was 7 pounds 3 ounces, which is the same that she weighed at midnight Sunday when she was weighed.  She goes back to the pediatrician for another check up on Wednesday the 7th.  We have newborn photos being taken on Thursday.  

As far as how I am doing, I still feel pretty amazing.  I do not at all feel like I gave birth last week.  I had a bit of a scare on Thursday because the midwife told me any clots larger than a quarter I should call.  Well I had some way bigger than that.  When I went into the doctor everything checked out okay and nothing to worry about.  Also, I weigh 137 pounds!  I was 153 pre-pregnancy, and 153.5 when I gave birth.  I had the same situation with Owen, I lost a bunch of weight in the first trimester and then gained it all back at the end of my pregnancy.   I am pretty happy with my size right now and know that it will only get better after a couple weeks.  









2 comments:

  1. Your kids are adorable!!

    I love how your son adores his sibling.

    I love how my older son(2yrs) loves to hold the bottle when we feed his brother and whenever the pacifier falls he'll be gladly help to keep it in his(babies) mouth.

    ReplyDelete