Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Another year

Last week I turned 25!  It is amazing.  When I was in high school there were many times I was asked where I wanted to be in 5 and 10 years.  I always knew I wanted to be married with children, although at that time I thought I would want five or six, (man what was I thinking?!?!).  One thing that is different however is I thought I would be a business woman/accountant by now.  However, I think the route I took was better because this way I get to be home with my children and go to college while I am home.  By time I am done with school they will be old enough for kindergarten and preschool and I will not have to pay for expensive daycare.

Right after high school I was offered an internship at an accounting firm.  I was also awarded a scholarship for school.  However, I decided I wanted to move to Maryland.  I think about this decision frequently and wonder what my life would be like had I not moved.  But, I can't turn back time and re-do it.  I love my life, I love being a wife and a mom.  I wish I had that college campus experience, but I am fine without it.

So, where do I want to be in 5 years?  I hope to have completed my schooling and starting a career.  Both of my children will be in school.  And hopefully my husband has a job closer to home.  I hope to be able to successfully juggle a career, my responsibilities of a mom and wife, and my home. Here's to another five years.

No comments:

Post a Comment