Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Un-stuffed peppers

I LOVE stuffed peppers, but sometimes I do not like how long it takes to bake.  I have found a faster way to do it, although it is a little more hands on.  This is one of those recipes that I would eat 2-3 times a week if I could.


Ingredients:
1 lb ground beef
1 green pepper
1 can diced tomatoes (I use tomatoes with chilies)
1 cup of spaghetti sauce
1 pouch instant rice
1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese

Boil rice for ten minutes.  Meanwhile, brown the ground beef.  Cut green peppers into bite size pieces and add to pan.  (I like mine a little crunchy so I add them after I brown the beef, but you can switch the order if you want the peppers fully cooked.)  Cover and cook on medium for three minutes.  Add tomatoes and sauce, cover and cook for three more minutes.  Stir often.  Remove from heat and top with cheese.  Serve over   a bed of rice.  Enjoy.


No comments:

Post a Comment