Thursday, November 29, 2012

30 Days to a Better You

Day 2:  Take a few hours to yourself with no distractions.

Yesterday I took Owen to a babysitter, and had the house to myself for a couple hours.  I took a bath, which I have not done since I got married,  I had a bunch of  candles lit, and I just RELAXED!  It was so nice.  When I was done I painted my toe nails, which I nearly never do.  It was so nice to have some time to myself to just relax and unwind and forget about everything.



Day 3:  Uninterrupted Mom and Son time

Today I am shutting off the laptop, (after I finish blogging and school work and after he wakes from his nap) I am going to shut off the phone.  I planned some great activities for Owen and I tonight so we can really have quality time together.   While I know you are probably thinking I am a stay-at-home-mom, don't I always have quality time with him?  But I must be honest while I am here I am not always here for him.  I might be busy cleaning, cooking, doing school work, or anything.  Besides just before nap and bedtime, we do not really have special time where there is absolutely no interruptions.  I am going to schedule time daily where I am COMPLETELY here for Owen.  Dinner tonight is pizza.  In which Owen will help me mix and roll the dough, spread the sauce and add the toppings.  I am so excited.  He loves to help me cook.

2 comments:

  1. One night I took a bath because I had a headache... Chris brought me a glass of wine, and it was one of sweetest things he's ever done for me :)

    And kudos on the mommy-son date. We need to do that more often! I want to pinch myself everytime I catch myself nodding along and not listening to a word he's saying because I'm distracted. If I don't listen now to the little things, he won't tell me important things later- because to him, it's all important.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like because I am around him ALL the time that it's ok if I am only half paying attention, but after really tuning into him I realized that I cannot let these moments pass by. I may not always be able to be a SAHM and I want to seize the moment. :)

    ReplyDelete