Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Flats and Hand-washing Challenge: Day 2

Flats and Hand-Washing Challenge: Day 2   The Stash

I have never used flats before, so I bought a stash just for this week.  Sweet Bottoms had a promotion if you spent $55 you received three free OsoCozy Organic Flats.  So, I spent $55.

My Stash:



Flats:

OsoCozy Unbleached Flat Diapers.........$1.91 each x 12 (sold by the dozen)
OsoCozy Organic Flat diapers................$4.50 each x   1
Flour Sack Towels.................................$0.98 each x   5 (sold in a pack of 5)
OsoCozy Organic Flat Diapers...............FREE x 3 (SBB coupon)

Covers:
Kawaii OS Cover..................................$7.25 x 1
Thirsties Duo Wrap................................$12.75 x 1
Thisties Duo Wrap.................................$7.00 (Purchased used)
Rumparooz Diaper Cover......................$9.00 (Purchased used)

I am also using SunBaby pocket diapers.  I have about 30 of them, all of which I was given.

Wet Bags:
Blueberry Wet Bag................................$14.95
My homemade wet bag.............approx. $8.00

Washcloths:
All off the wash cloths I received at my baby showers, so FREE! 

Fasteners:
3 Snappis ..I received one free snappi at the past three Cloth Diaper Change events
1 boingo ...Received free from Cloth Diaper Change event in 2013


Total cost to cloth diaper using Flats and covers: $91.25


The FSTs I bought just to try out.  I hear everyone raving about them so I wanted to give them a try.  Between the FSTs and flats I have plenty to go two days between washing.  

Stay tuned for more posts about the challenge!!

Day 1:  Why Are You Taking the Challenge?
Day 2: Show Us Your “Stash” and tell us what did it cost?
Day 3:  Challenge Update
Day 4:  What is your Washing Routine?
Day 5:  Flats Experience- Folds you love, Are they working, etc.
Day 6: Open Topic
Day 7: Overall Experience, What did you learn, Would you do it?


No comments:

Post a Comment