Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Doctor update

There is always a first for everything.  Today's first, I vomited on Owen's head!  I was sick and Owen was curious.  He just happened to stick his head right by mine as I went to vomit.  Needless to say he got the fastest bath ever this morning because I had my doctor's appointment today, and was already a little behind schedule.  I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.  I lost 3lbs, (why am I not surprised)  all water weight from vomiting I am sure.  My doctor is going to keep a close eye on my weight though just in case.  He does not want me to lose 20lbs like I did with Owen's pregnancy.  They were unable to do an ultrasound today.  The doctor did do an internal exam though.  He said my cervix feels rock hard as it should but that my uterus is a bit lower than it should be.  This should not cause a problem though.  He said it happens sometimes.   The next available appointment that he had was not until February, but he wanted me to have an ultrasound before that.  So January 3rd I have an appointment at the hospital to have an ultrasound and they will send the pictures to my doctor.  Now I just have to wait until then.   The doctor also guessed that I am 6 weeks.  How they come up with these numbers confuses me as I am sure that I would have conceived the 25ish.  Who knows.  Hopefully we will get an idea after the ultrasound.  Until then a very tentative due date is August 15th, but I am sure that will change after we do the ultrasound.

No comments:

Post a Comment